LACOL • Hamilton College
2021 Play & Innovation
Call for Presenters
Please note the call for presenters has now ended
Adapting and experimenting with emerging technologies for digital innovation in, and outside, the classroom? Seeking new ideas on how to engage students within the liberal arts? Want to share how you incorporate play-based learning and gamification in your teaching and research? Hamilton College invites you to participate in the summer 2021 virtual consortium-wide LACOL conference, June 21-23, 2021.
With “Play and Innovation” as the official theme, the LACOL 2021 Steering Committee invites proposals from its members--faculty, staff, and students--to present and share their practices, methods, experiences, and findings related to blended learning, digital research and innovations, inclusive and equitable teaching and learning, and the transformative uses of technology.
Embracing the notion of “play and innovation” in the liberal arts broadly, LACOL 2021 seeks proposals for panels, roundtable, interactive virtual workshops, and/or virtual poster sessions. Beginning March 1st, please submit a proposal.
We invite proposals on topics including, but not limited to:
- Digital competencies, digital citizenship, and digital wellness
- Experiential and service learning
- Assistive technology and accessibility
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in blended experiences and spaces
- Blended learning and research spaces: libraries and resource centers
- Data Science
- Digital Humanities
- Emerging technologies
- Blended learning beyond the single course
Proposals that include critical perspectives on these topics, speak to the “Play and Innovation” theme, and stimulate discussion about digital culture, ethics, and citizenship are particularly welcome.
In addition to faculty and staff-focused panels and roundtables, we seek presentations that promote student voices, including projects in which students are key collaborators, or that encourage students as knowers.
Proposals must follow one of the following formats:
- 20-minute presentations for a panel or roundtable including praxis reports, implementation blueprints, tech demos, and action research
- 60-minute panels (at least two presenters offer different perspectives)
- 60-minute roundtable (at least three presenters offer different perspectives)
- 60-minute hands-on interactive workshops
- Virtual posters to be displayed in a virtual showcase during the 3-day workshop.
Submitting your proposal
- Please submit a 250-400-word proposal describing your project or topic and its connection to “Play and Innovation.”
- Proposals will be reviewed based on their relevance to the conference, pedagogical soundness, and presentational outlook.
- The deadline for proposals is Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Presenters will be notified of their acceptance by Friday, April 30, 2021.